How many safety razors blades do I need for one year of shaving?
- You have Coarse Stubble
- Replace safety razor blades 2 times per week if you are shaving anywhere from 4 to 7 days a week.
- Replace 1 time per week if you are shaving 3 days per week or less.
- Your Stubble Is Not Coarse, but Not Soft (Medium)
- Replace safety razor blades 2 times per week if you are shaving 4 days or more.
- Replace 1 time per week if you are shaving less than 3 days per week or less.
- Your Stubble Is Soft
- There is no need to use more than 1 blade per week, even if you shave every day.
- If you shave 3 days or less per week, you can use one blade for two weeks.
How Do I know If My Stubble Is Coarse, Medium, or Soft?
Grading the coarseness of your stubble is actually pretty subjective. We believe that most men have medium to soft stubble, and therefore the vast majority of male shavers who shave 3 days or less a week can get an enjoyable, smooth, and effective shave using just one razor blade a week!
The above is our own analysis based on our own use and from discussions with other wet shavers. Results may vary and some wet shavers may need more than 2 blades per week, and some may need less than 1 per week.